Thursday, September 1, 2011

Sorrow and Joy

Romans 12:15
Rejoice with them that do rejoice
and weep with them that weep.

Last Thursday we heard the terribly sad news that an eighteen year-old cousin of mine had taken his life.  It was very unexpected.  No notes were left behind and no one for sure knows 'why'.  It is so heartbreaking.  I had never known him very well, and now I wish I had made more of an effort to become acquainted.  Inevitably there is the question, "Is there something I could have said or done to keep him from doing this?"  Maybe not.  But it really made me realize the importance of reaching out to others and how I really need to improve in this area.  We may never know until eternity the difference we've made in another's life just by being yielded to God, being a good witness for Him, and serving Him by serving others.

On Sunday, we heard the wonderful happy news that another cousin of mine had given birth to a full-term beautiful healthy baby girl after a difficult pregnancy and after having lost a premature baby girl last year.  Oh joy!!  Thank you, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment